COVID-19 BROOKLEARN PROTOCOL & PRECAUTIONS:
We require proof of vaccination for all those who are eligible, and masks for everyone ages 2+.
Our space is outfitted with CDC recommended HVAC filters, and we operate at approximately 50% capacity with windows open for cross ventilation. Hand sanitizer is readily available and spaces are cleaned regularly.
The following protocols are mandatory for all parents and children and BrookLearn customers:
IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD ARE SICK, STAY HOME:
- Those who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness must stay home and not come to Brooklearn until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
- Any child who is brought to Brooklearn with a parent or legal guardian, and who is sick, or appears to be such at any point during the day, will be asked to go home. The CDC recommends that individuals who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) upon arrival to the workplace or become sick during the day should be separated from others and be sent home immediately. Sick individuals should cover their noses and mouths with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or an elbow or shoulder if no tissue is available). This applies equally to parents and child participants at Brooklearn.
- Anyone who is either diagnosed with COVID-19 or who has been exposed to COVID-19 must follow Department of Health guidelines and self-quarantine for the designated period of time, recommended by health professionals.
- If you or your child have been to Brooklearn’s facilities and have either been diagnosed with, or exposed to COVID-19, please notify Brooklearn so that appropriate safety protocols may be undertaken.
RESPIRATORY ETIQUETTE AND HAND HYGIENE IS ESSENTIAL:
- Tissues are readily available
- Clean your hands often by washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Hand sanitizer is located in a number of locations and is freely available for use.
- Visit the CDC’s coughing and sneezing etiquette and clean hands webpage for more information.
STAFF ROUTINE CLEANING:
We will routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as countertops and doorknobs. Disposable wipes are also located throughout the facility, so feel free to use them before you touch commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks).
BROOKLEARN FAMILY SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY CONTRACT/COMMITMENT:
Brooklearn has committed to establishing a set of practices and procedures in our facility to minimize the risks of spreading Covid-19. While we cannot enforce rules outside of our building, each individual’s responsible behavior is critical to ensuring our general communal safety. We thus ask that you commit to safe practices intended to minimize the spread of Covid-19 in our Brooklearn community.
Safe practices include but are not limited to:
- Distancing in public and group situations
- Wearing a clean mask over your nose and mouth, especially when appropriate distancing is not possible
- Avoiding indoor recreational activities
- Maintaining safe practices of hand-washing and sanitizing
- Avoiding large gatherings and parties and having your children avoid them too
- Following State guidelines in terms of travel and quarantine
- Staying home and consulting with your doctor if you or your child is sick or feeling any symptoms
POSSIBLE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19:
- Fever over 100 degrees
- Sore throat
- Allergy-unrelated Running now
- Body aches
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Loss of smell or taste
- Exposure to anyone with these symptoms in the last 14 days
- Informing Brooklearn if you or anyone in your household tests positive for Covid-19 or if you are in known contact with anyone who tests positive for Covid-19
We hope that everyone is staying safe and that we can see you all, healthy and well at Brooklearn soon!